Customer Privacy Notice
During the course of dealing with us, we will ask you to provide us with detailed personal information relating to your existing circumstances, your financial situation and, in some cases, your health and family health history (Your Personal Data). This document is important as it allows us to explain to you what we will need to do with Your Personal Data, and the various rights you have in relation to Your Personal Data.
Who we are
My Simple Business Loan is a trading style of Adams Wilkinson Finance Ltd, and are a Commercial Finance Broker based in Alton, Staffordshire. We act as an introducer /broker/intermediary for our customers. Adams Wilkinson Finance Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA No: 993464). Adams Wilkinson Finance Ltd are an Appointed Representative of Beta Commercial Finance Ltd (FCA no: 758248)
Information we will collect about you
We may collect the following personal data about you (along with other non-personal data):
• Verification Details e.g. Name, Date of Birth, National Insurance Number, Driver’s Licence Number • Contact Details e.g. Address, Telephone Number, Email Address
• Service Details e.g. What services you require from us
• Location Details
The information collected about you may come from you or from external sources such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
How will we use the information about you
When we speak with you about your mortgage and/or finance requirements we do so on the basis that both parties are entering a contract for the supply of services.
In order to perform that contract, and to arrange the products you require, we have the right to use Your Personal Data for the purposes detailed below:
- To respond to your service enquiry
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To approach lenders on your behalf to arrange the funding you require
- Make lender decisions
- To provide you with information, products and services you request from us
- To notify you about any changes to our service
- For fraud prevention
- For audit
- For statistical analysis
- Credit reference checks
- To provide you with information about other products or services we offer that may be of interest to you
We may share your information with and obtain information about you from credit reference agencies or fraud prevention agencies.
We will not disclose your information to any company outside of (Banks, Mortgage Banks, Credit unions, Mortgage Brokers, Peer to Peer Lenders and Loan Companies) except to help prevent fraud or if required by law to do so.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access/alter and change information we hold about you, please contact email@example.com.
What happens to Your Personal Data when it is disclosed to us?
In the course of handling Your Personal Data, we will:
Record and store Your Personal Data in our paper files, mobile devices and on our computer systems (websites, email, hard drives, and cloud facilities). This information can only be accessed by employees and consultants within our Firm and only when it is necessary to provide our service to you and to perform any administration tasks associated with or incidental to that service
Submit Your Personal Data to Product Providers, Mortgage Lenders and Commercial Lenders both in paper form, electronic form and on-line via a secure portal. The provision of this information to a third party is essential in allowing us to progress any enquiry or application made on your behalf and to deal with any additional questions or administrative issues that lenders and providers may raise.
Use Your Personal Data for the purposes of responding to any queries you may have in relation to any mortgage and or finance product you may take out, or to inform you of any developments in relation to those products and/or polices of which we might become aware
Sharing Your Personal Data
From time to time Your Personal Data will be shared with:
- Mortgage lenders, Finance lenders and Insurance providers
- Third parties who we believe will be able to assist us with your enquiry or application, or who are able to support your needs as identified. These third parties will include but may not be limited to, our Compliance Advisers, Product specialists, Estate Agents, Providers of Legal Services such as Estate Planners, Conveyancing, Surveyors and Valuers (in each case where we believe this to be required due to your particular circumstances).
In each case, your Personal Data will only be shared for the purposes set out in this Customer Privacy Notice, i.e. to progress your mortgage and or finance enquiry and to provide you with our professional services.
Please note that this sharing of Your Personal Data does not entitle such third parties to send you marketing or promotional messages: it is shared to ensure we can adequately fulfil our responsibilities to you, and as otherwise set out in this Customer Privacy Notice.
We do not envisage that the performance by us of our service will involve Your Personal Data being transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
From time to time, we would like to contact you by Post, Email, Telephone and Text with details of Products, Information, Services and Competitions. We will only contact you in this way and for these purposes if you have given your consent.
Please note that your consent to marketing is given by signing at the end of this document.
Security and retention of Your Personal Data
Your privacy is important to us and we will keep Your Personal Data secure in accordance with our legal responsibilities. We will take reasonable steps to safeguard Your Personal Data against it being accessed unlawfully or maliciously by a third party.
We also expect you to take reasonable steps to safeguard your own privacy when transferring information to us, such as not sending confidential information over unprotected email, ensuring email attachments are password protected or encrypted and only using secure methods of postage when original documentation is being sent to us.
Your Personal Data will be retained by us either electronically or in paper format for a minimum of six years, or in instances whereby we have legal right to such information we will retain records indefinitely.
In circumstances where your application does not complete, we will delete all your data one year after we first obtained the information.
Your rights in relation to Your Personal Data
- request copies of Your Personal Data that is under our control
- ask us to further explain how we use Your Personal Data
- ask us to correct, delete or require us to restrict or stop using Your Personal Data (details as to the extent to which we can do this will be provided at the time of any such request)
- ask us to send an electronic copy of Your Personal Data to another organisation should you wish
- change the basis of any consent you may have provided to enable us to market to you in the future (including withdrawing any consent in its entirety)
How to make contact with our Firm in relation to the use of Your Personal Data
If at any point you believe retained information is incorrect you can request to see this information and even have it corrected and possibly deleted. Providing you with this information is free of charge, but charges may apply for excessive requests.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
Where relevant, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time and this means that we cannot process your data provided without your consent.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Our Data Protection Officer is Tom Wilkinson and you can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing at 7 Faraday Court, First Avenue, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 2WX.